Asteria is an end-to-end drone solution provider. Asteria handles Drone design and Manufacturing, Drone-as-a-Service model, delivering analytics as a service and a platform to manage all aspects of Drone services. They also have a cloud product which enables customers to derive insights from a birds-eye view. Various models predict the volumetric information of Mining or construction sites. The platform allows for monitoring progress with a digitized history of each temporal state of development. Predicting impact on agriculture from various spectrum of lights produced from unique cameras — predict floods using elevation models — and much more, all delivered on the cloud. They are thereby reducing the cost, time, effort and risk to achieve the target, for the customers.
As an Integration & Testing Engineer/pilot, you will lead the efforts of field testing of Asteria’s Unmanned Aerial System products & will provide all system support. Your role & responsibilities will be integration, testing, and validation of all R&D/new product development. Your other role will be to develop flight test plans, prepare remotely controlled aircraft for flight, conduct flight tests of the aircraft as the test pilot, and support other field-testing efforts as required. You will also lead flight activities for client demonstrations. You will work closely with other product development engineers on the team to take Asteria’s products through field tests and client demonstrations.
• Integration, testing, and validation for R&D/new product development.
• Manage development & production flight test operations with emphasis on safety & quality control.
• Coordinate with another engineering team on integration of complementary technologies.
• Flight test & evaluation of prototypes & final production units.
• Work to resolve customer issues.
• Support customer demonstrations supervise & evaluate the performance of the production process (quality control, etc.).
• Assist in product documentation & manual development.
• Expert knowledge of UAV configuration, performance evaluation, payload integration, autopilot tuning & repair.
• Knowledge of UAS hardware, software & sensors.
• Experience with carbon fiber, fiberglass, 3D printers & component fabrication.
• Needs to have hands-on experience with UAV system assembly process.
• Assist in the development of end-user training documents.
• Provide training and field support to end-users of the UAS products.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Other applicable engineering field.
Relevant Experience: 0-2 Years
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
• Complete understanding of the system.
• Knowledge of RC aircraft/UAV/Multirotor dynamics, control & flight operations.
• Able to diagnose problems.
• Find solutions to issues and fix them.
• Repair/maintenance/resolve issues on prompt time.
• Documentation for system testing & other repairing works.
• Experience on design/construction / assembly of UAV.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.